BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
What these terms cover:
When you make a booking with us via our digital channels (such as our website, mobile site or app) or telephone booking service, these terms and conditions will apply. If you book two or more holiday lets or pitches for the same night, we will treat this as a Group Booking. All of these types of bookings are covered by these terms. When you make a booking on our digital channels you will be asked to click "I accept" and you will not be able to complete your booking if you do not do this; clicking "I accept" confirms that you accept these terms. For your own benefit and protection you should read these terms carefully before making a booking. If you do not understand any point, please ask us for further information.
If you have a question in relation to your booking or these terms please visit our website www.springvalleycampstie.co.uk and select he "Contact Us" link. We will respond to you as quickly as we can and normally within 5 working days.
Contents of these terms
Making a booking and identification required on arrival at the site.
1. Please follow the directions on the website, mobile site or app or as advised to you on our telephone booking service to make a booking.
2. We will issue you with a booking ID number when a booking has been made. The booking ID number is proof that we have accepted your booking. No booking shall be binding on Spring Valley until we issue you with a booking ID number and a deposit (see B - Payment section 3) is received.
3. Your booking is not transferrable. You cannot transfer or resell your booking (in whole or in part) or advertise or otherwise offer any Spring Valley Pitch or Holiday Let for sale and if you do transfer or resell (or attempt to transfer or resell) your booking, then we may terminate your booking and retain any money paid to us for such booking. Any bookings resold or transferred may not be honoured and we accept no liability in respect of this. We may also refuse to take any future bookings from you.
4. You must ensure that the name on a booking is correct at the time of booking as we will not change the name on the booking afterwards.
5. You are responsible for ensuring that each person who stays at Spring Valley under your booking, even if you make a booking for someone else's benefit and don't stay yourself, complies with these terms.
6. You must be aged 18 years or over to make a booking with us and you must be aged 18 years or over to stay alone. If a guest arrives at the holiday let or pitch and is under 18 years of age the guest will not be permitted to stay alone. We may require photo identification (a driver's licence or passport) as proof of age and if the guest is unable to present this to the satisfaction of the site we may terminate your booking without refund.
7. You must be able to show photo identification (a driver's licence, passport or national ID card) and a valid credit or debit card if you are paying by cash for a pay on arrival or walk-in booking at Spring Valley. If you are unable to produce this to the satisfaction of Spring Valley we may terminate your booking without refund.
8. A minimum stay of 3 nights is required for bank holidays, 2 noghts on a weekend and all other times its (one night for camping and two nights minimum stay for the holiday let(s)).
1. The rate for each holiday let or pitch is as published on our website, mobile site or app (as applicable) at the of your booking on that channel or in the case of a telephone booking as advised to you at the time of booking.
2. Holiday let or pitch rates are per holiday let or pitch per night and exclusive of meals and other Extras. You may be able to add Extras to your booking during the booking process or during your stay. For further details on Extras please see section F.
3. We request payment in full at time of booking, when we decide we can also amend to the first nights stay amount as a (conditionally-refundable) deposit when booking a camping pitch or holiday let. Receipt of the deposit secures your booking. If you did not pay a deposit at time of booking, a Payment Request Email will be sent to you for your deposit. If payment is not recieved within seven days from recieving the Payment Request Email, the dates you booked may be released.
4. A booking fee of 1.50 GBP is charged if booking online. We will not refund the booking fee(s) if you cancel your booking.
5. If your booking is not payable in full at the time of booking, we require debit or credit card details to be provided at the time of booking, and we will charge such payment card for the cost of the full total amount of your booking if you fail to arrive or leave without paying. You will need to pay the balance on arrival and you must do so by using, in person only, the payment card which you used to make the booking or payment by cash with no fees attached. Your card is used for security for any damages to any Holiday let.
If a booking is cancelled less than 28 days before arrival then your booking shall be charged 100% of the cost of the entire booking excluding any extras shall be made. If your booking is a pay on arrival booking we will charge the payment card details provided at the time of the booking process.
If the booking is cancelled 28 or more days before arrival then a charge equal to 10% of the booking will be made.
You can cancel your booking via our website by selecting contact us and by telephone or email.
No bookings can be amended to a different type of rate.
All amendments are subject to availability at the time of amendment.
Before midday on your scheduled arrival date you can extend the booking, subject to availability. You will be charged for the additional night(s) at the rate available at the time of the amendment to the booking.
You can add any additional nights to your Booking, subject to availability. Please be aware that you are only able to add nights after your original departure date (via the website or by telephone).
1. If you do not arrive at Spring Valley on the scheduled date of arrival, you will be deemed to be a 'no show' and your booking will be cancelled.
2. Your booking shall be charged 100% of the cost of the entire booking including any Extras. If your booking is a pay on arrival booking, we will charge the payment card details provided at the time of booking
3.Where a refund is payable in accordance with these terms, we will only make refunds in full and to the payment card that you used to make the booking. If you cancel your booking before you check in in accordance with these terms we will normally credit refunds within 10 days of cancellation. If you are an individual consumer, your statutory rights are unaffected. You can find out more about your statutory rights by contacting the Citizens Advice Bureau or going to https://www.gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights
Cancellation by Spring Valley
4. If you fail to pay us when you are required to do so or breach these terms we may cancel your booking with immediate effect on notice to you (by email).
5. If an event outside our reasonable control (as explained in paragraph J6 below) is reasonably likely to prevent us from performing your booking we may cancel your booking on notice to you (including by email) and will refund in
full any payment made by you in respect of such booking to the payment card that you used to make the booking, including any Extras you may have purchased)
D - Arrival, departure and relocation
1. You can check in after 12 midday on camping pitches and after 2pm on holiday lets on the scheduled date of arrival.
2. You must check out before 12 midday from camping pitches and the holiday let(s) on the scheduled date of departure, unless otherwise agreed by management subject always to availability.
4. We operate a relocation policy. If a unit or pitch is unavailable on arrival (other than due to an event beyond our reasonable control - see paragraph J6 below) then we agree to either:
(1) provide a room in a third party hotel (if your booking was for our holday let(s)) or provide a pitch at a third party campsite and pay the reasonable cost of transport to that alternative hotel or campsite and any applicable car park charges; or
(2) at your request or, if in our reasonable opinion there is no suitable alternative hotel or pitch accommodation available, cancel your booking and refund you any money you have paid in advance for the unavailable let(s) including related Extras.
5. If you are due to pay on arrival at Spring Valley and the process in 4.1 above is followed, we will still take payment for the cost of the booking and any prepaid Extras, but additional costs over and above the original cost of the booking will be covered by us (i.e. difference in room or pitch rates, reasonable transport costs and car park charges).
E - Your stay - requirements of you and the other members of your booking
1. Accessibility: we provide wheelchair accessible and a limited mobility shower block subject to availability. Please contact us regards wheelchair accessible holiday let(s) before making any bookings if this is something you are considering.
2. You must not exceed the maximum specified occupancy for the holiday let or camping pitch which you have booked. The maximum occupancies are set out below. You will need to speak directly to the reception to confirm availability of cots and room size
The maximum number of occupants in each holiday let is 4 (including children) in the following combinations:
2 adults, 2 children (under 16) (cots are not available) 3 adults and 1 child (cots are not available) The maximum number of occupants on a camping pitch is 5 (including children) in the following combinations:
2 adults, 3 children (under 16)
3 adults and 2 children (under 16)
4 adults and 1 child (under 16)
4. We do not permit people under the age of 18 to stay on our site alone. You must not leave under 18s unattended in any holiday let(s) or public areas at any times.
5. We will try to assist with any special requests but all bookings are subject to availability. You must not exceed 5 persons per camping pitch and 4 persons in the holiday let(s), including visitors.
6. We will require you to move pitches if you make a booking or bookings to stay at Spring Valley for 28 or more days concurrently. If you refuse to do so we may terminate your booking and retain any money paid to us for such booking.
7. In making a booking you agree to not use the campsite or its facilities to conduct any commercial activity or activity that seeks to gain profit without prior written consent from Spring Valley. We may terminate your booking and retain any money paid to us for such booking if we believe that you are in breach of this provision.
8. Smoking is not permitted in any Spring Valley Holiday let(s) or indoor facilities other than in designated smoking areas outside. You must not interfere with our fire detection system or with any emergency equipment. If you do so we may terminate your booking and reserve our rights to take any further action. We may either (at our sole discretion) request the immediate re-payment of our reasonable costs during your stay or instruct a third party to contact you after your stay to recover our reasonable costs. The reasonable costs we incur if you smoke in the holiday lets or public areas are likely to include costs for specialist cleaning, repair or replacement of damage by you to our property, the cost of the room for any period it is unusable and our administration expenses. If you request it we will send a breakdown of these costs to the address used for the booking.
9. You must not bring any potentially hazardous or otherwise dangerous items on to our premises.
10. You must not damage or interfere with any items belonging to us. If you do so we may terminate your booking. You must bring any damage to our holiday let(s) or property to our immediate attention. We may either (at our sole discretion) request the immediate re-payment of our reasonable costs during your stay or instruct a third party to contact you after your stay to recover the reasonable costs for any repair, replacement or specialist cleaning we incur if you damage our holiday let(s) or property. If you request it we will send a breakdown of these costs to the address used for the booking.
11. Cooking equipment including but not limited to microwave ovens, fridges, deep fat fryers and toasters must be used in accordance with the instructions in the property you are staying. No campfires to be used, and small BBQs to be off the grass set on blocks.
12. You must not cause any disturbance to any other guests or our staff including but not limited to noise disturbance. We ask that noise to be kept at a minimum between 9am and 10.30pm and completely quiet from 10.30pm to 9am.
13. All room keys or items lent to you must be returned to us on check-out. If you don't do this we may charge you for a replacement key or lock or item as required. In the event that a key is not returned after check-out or item we request you to contact Spring Valley to make arrangement for keys or items to be returned.
14. We do not accept all female or all male parties of young people, hen or stag parties.
15. If you do not comply with any of paragraphs E2 to E14 when staying at our site we may terminate your booking and require you to leave the site immediately and may retain any money paid to us for such booking. If we consider your non-compliance to be sufficiently serious we may not accept any future reservations from you.
16. Your responsibility: If you or any member of your booking causes damage or loss of any kind to us or any other guests, including but not limited to as described in paragraph E8 (Smoking) above, you will be responsible for that damage or loss and you as the person who made the booking will be required to pay the costs, including but not limited to those described in this section E
F - Extras
1.On certain booking we offer certain Extras when you make a booking; for more details on Extras, see the check-out when making a booking.
2.The room rate excludes any Extras unless we expressly agree with you otherwise as part of your booking.
3.Extras may be purchased after you have made a booking. You can purchase Extras directly with us during your stay.
4.Extras are always subject to availability.
5.If you have ordered any food & beverage Extras with your booking and these are unavailable upon arrival at the hotel we will refund you the price paid by you for those Extras.
6.Food & beverage Extras are refundable in accordance with these terms only. All other Extras, including but not limited to wifi, are non-refundable at any time. Please note that wifi costs are fixed by our wifi provider and will not be refunded by our wifi provider.
7.We will not transfer Extras to another booking and Extras cannot be cancelled unless the related booking is cancelled and refunded. Please refer to section C above for more detail on cancellation and when Extras may be refunded.
G - Pets
1. Guide dogs and hearing dogs and pets birds cats dogs may be brought into the holiday let(s) free of charge; please notify us in advance that you are intending to bring such dog(s) pets with you. Except as set out in this paragraph, insects or reptiles are not permitted in any Spring Valley owned holiday let(s) but are permitted in your unit on your booked pitch. (Maximum 2 dogs) Non dangerous.
2.You must not leave pets unattended and dogs must be kept on leads in public areas at all times.
H - Car parking
1. Car parking is available at your own booked pitch/unit as one car per booked pitch/unit. Visiting guests can use our limited space car park with permission from management, and we can at anytime not permit extra cars, usually this is when there is other events nearby or on the site it self.
2. We shall not be liable in any circumstances for any loss or damage to vehicles you bring to the site or any property left in them regardless of whether they are parked in a car park connected to our site or not.
J - General
1. By providing personal information in connection with a booking you consent to such processing on behalf of you and each guest staying with us under such booking.
2. These terms apply from 23th January 2017.
3. Additional terms apply to your use of our digital channels whether or not you make a reservation through them. These are published on the relevant digital channel. Please take the time to read these as they include important terms which apply to you.
4. Amendments to these terms: We reserve the right to change these terms from time to time and the terms applicable to your booking are those in force on the date of booking.
5. Statutory Rights: If you are an individual consumer you have certain legal statutory rights. If any of these terms conflict with a statutory right or the law changes and your statutory rights change, then the statutory rights will prevail over these terms. For more information on your statutory rights see
https://www.gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights or call 03454 04 05 06 or contact your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
6.Events Beyond our Reasonable Control: We shall not be in breach of these terms or liable for any failure to perform any of our obligations in relation to your booking (such as the provision of room(s) and/or other products and/or services and/or Extras) due to any adverse event, act, omission or accident which happens which is beyond our reasonable control including but not limited to flood, earthquake, extreme adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, other acts of God, acts of terrorism, partial or full cancellation or delay of major public event, interruption or fire (except by way of our default) or failure of (except by way of our default) electric power, gas, water, or other utility service, plant machinery, computers, vehicles or any collapse of building structures.
7.Complaints, Questions and Disputes: If you wish to make a complaint or have a question regarding your booking please click here to contact us using the 'Contact Us' link on our website. We will respond to you as quickly as we can and normally within 5 working days. You should note that any decision may not be binding and that neither we nor you are required to participate in online dispute resolution.
8. Our Liability:
a. We will not be liable for any losses which are not caused by either a breach of these terms by us, our non-compliance with our duties under applicable legislation or our negligence. We will also not be liable for any losses which were not foreseeable to both parties when the contract was formed. Loss is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen for example if you discussed it with us during the booking process.
b. We want to provide a safe and secure environment for your stay and where necessary we will take appropriate security measures. Under the Hotel Proprietors' Act 1956 ("Act") we may be liable for loss or damage to your property while you are staying in our hotels. Where the Act provides that our liability is capped at an amount, we will only be liable up to the maximum sums under the Act. If an incident occurs during your stay resulting in the theft, loss or damage of your property we will carry out an internal investigation. If we do not feel certain that your property was stolen, lost or damaged through any fault of ours, our staff or agents our liability will be limited to the maximum sums under the Act and if an incident is referred to the Police and they draw the same conclusion as us this will also be evidence that our liability is limited to those maximums.
c. In respect of all losses which are not subject to a maximum liability under the Act or are not covered by the Act, our total liability to you for any and all losses shall not exceed twice the total daily rate we charge you for your booking. If your booking includes a number of different daily rates, the average rate will be used.
d. We will not be liable in any circumstances for any loss or damage to vehicles you bring to the hotel or any property left in them regardless of whether they are parked in a car park connected to the site or not.
e. Nothing in these terms will exclude or limit our liability for fraud or death or personal injury caused by our negligence or any other matter which it would be illegal for us to (or to attempt to) exclude or limit.
If any provision in these terms is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part then the provision will apply with whatever deletion or modification is necessary so that the provision is legal, valid and enforceable. You and we intend that the legality, validity and enforceability of the remainder of these terms shall not be affected.
10. Waiver: Any failure by us to enforce our rights or remedies under these terms or otherwise or any delay in enforcing such rights or remedies shall not be construed as a waiver by us of those or any other rights or remedies.
11. Third Party Rights: This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
12. Law: These terms and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in relation to these terms shall be governed by and will be interpreted in accordance with English law. All disputes arising out of or relating to these terms or any non-contractual obligations arising out of or relating to these terms shall be submitted to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts save that you agree that we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these terms in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
K - Information about us and how to contact us
1. The meaning of "Spring Valley", "we","site" or "us" in these terms is Spring Valley Campsite.
2. For bookings at Spring valley has its registered office at Spring Valley Campsite, Sproatley road, Preston, Hull, East Yorkshire, UK, HU12 8TU.